Methods of Cancer Diagnosis, Therapy and Prognosis
Springer | 2008-12-01 | ISBN: 140208899X | 248 pages | PDF | 3,2 MB
This third volume in the series Methods of Cancer Diagnosis, Therapy and Prognosis discusses diagnosis, therapy, and prognosis of Gastrointestinal Cancers. Both standard and emerging therapies for these cancers, written by expert oncologists/pathologists in this field, are included.
This fully illustrated volume
* Includes various aspects of esophageal cancer, gastric cancer, and pancreatic cancer
* Highlights the methodologies used for diagnosis, therapy, and prognosis of these different cancers
* Explains the molecular mechanisms underlying these cancers
* Discusses the evaluation of FDG-PET/CT fusion imaging, endoscopic ultrasound and imaging, and the role of microRNA in prognosis
* Details the classification of colon and gastric histological samples
* Highlights treatments, including radiofrequency ablation and surgical debulking, endoscopic submucosal dissection, laparoscopic gastrectomy of gastric cancer and pancreaticoduodenectomy
* Reviews use of radiotherapy and chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer patients
* Discusses a large number of imaging modalities for diagnosing these cancers and assessing the different treatments
Professor Hayat has summarized the problems associated with the complexities of research publications and has been successful in editing a must-read volume for oncologists, cancer researchers, medical teachers and students of cancer biology.
Enjoy this great book! Brought to you by SMIRK
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Formulas and Functions with Microsoft Office Excel 2007
PDF | English | 540 Pages | 14 MB
Most Microsoft® Excel users learn only a small percentage of the program’s features. They know they could get more out of Excel if they could just get a leg up on building formulas and using functions. Unfortunately, this side of Excel appears complex and intimidating to the uninitiated—shrouded in the mysteries of mathematics, finance, and impenetrable spreadsheet jargon. Sound familiar?
This book not only takes you through Excel’s intermediate and advanced formula-building features, it also tells you why these features are useful to you and shows you how to use them in everyday situations. Throughout the book you’ll find no-nonsense, step-by-step tutorials and lots of practical examples aimed directly at business users.
Word 2007: Beyond The Manual
If you’re familiar with Word, but not Word 2007, this is the book for you. Word 2007: Beyond the Manual focuses on new features of Word 2007 as well as older features that were once less accessible than they are now. This book also makes a point to include examples of practical applications for all the new features.
The Vocal Skills Pocketbook
PDF | 745 Pages | 4 MB
Get Started on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 in No Time
Learn to use all of the powerful features available in SQL Server 2008 quickly and easily. Microsoft SQL Server 2008: A Beginner's Guide explains the fundamentals of each topic alongside examples and tutorials that walk you through real-world database tasks. Install SQL Server 2008, construct high-performance databases, use powerful Transact-SQL statements, create stored procedures and triggers, and execute simple and complex database queries.
* Set up, configure, and maintain SQL Server 2008
* Build and manage database objects using Transact-SQL statements
* Create stored procedures and user-defined functions
* Optimize database performance, availability, and reliability
* Implement solid security using authentication, encryption, and authorization
* Automate tasks using SQL Server Agent
* Create reliable data backups and perform flawless system restores
* Use all-new SQL Server 2008 Business Intelligence, development, and administration tools
* Learn in detail the SQL Server XML technology (SQLXML)
Christophe Turk "Effective Speaking: Communicating in Speech"
Taylor & Francis (1985-11-21) | ISBN 0419130306 | 288 Pages | PDF | 1 MB
Effective Speaking provides the hard scientific information about audience psychology, text preparation, presentation methods, voice production, body language and persuasive advocacy which will help would-be speakers improve their performance. The emphasis throughout is on practical self-help, on methods which have been shown to work, with clear explanations of just why they are effective.
Monday, December 1, 2008
PC World Magazine September 2008
PDF | English | 36 Mb RAR | Rapidshare
Apress (July 21, 2008)
PDF | 200 pages | 2.0mb(rar)
On the Way to the Web The Secret History of the Internet and Its Founders/by Michael A. Banks (Author)
You’ll also find these stories of people and events on the way to the Web:
* CIA agents in search of military hardware for sale online.
* The first online privacy scandal, three decades ago.
* The first instance of online censorship in 1979
* How in 1980 the FBI demanded the ID of a CompuServe user who tried to sell 3,000 M16 rifles online
* Early con artists
* Online romance scams
* Identify theft
* Who really created AOL. (Hint: it wasn’t Steve Case.)
* The wireless Internet that was built in 1978.
* Why the @ sign is used in email addresses.
Who is this book for?
On the Way to the Web is a book that will appeal to all readers, but one that computer enthusiasts will find especially interesting. Most readers will have played a part in the story it tells, and anyone who uses the Internet and Web on a day–to–day basis will find this book an absorbing read.
Que | 2nd edition | May 26, 2007 | English | PDF | Pages: 496 | 10.17 MB
Part I Microsoft Word Tricks
Chapter 1 Text Tricks
Chapter 2 Formatting Tricks
Chapter 3 Document Tricks
Chapter 4 Page Layout Tricks
Part II Microsoft Excel Trick
Chapter 5 Formula and Function Tricks
Chapter 6 Workbook and Worksheet Tricks
Chapter 7 Data Analysis Tricks
Chapter 8 Chart Tricks
Part III Microsoft PowerPoint Tricks
Chapter 9 Slide and Presentation Tricks
Chapter 10 Animation Tricks
Chapter 11 Slide Show Tricks
Part IV Microsoft Outlook Tricks
Chapter 12 Email Tricks
Chapter 13 Calendar and Contact Tricks
Part V Microsoft Access Tricks
Chapter 14 Table and Query
Chapter 15 Form and Report Tricks
Part VI Appendix
Appendix A Working with VBA Macro
PDF | 25 Pages | ISBN, Author & Publisher: N/A | 1.7 MB
Microsoft PowerPoint 2007:
The Missing Manual
Like every other application in Microsoft Office suite, PowerPoint is loaded with features. So many, in fact, that even veterans don’t know where to find them all. Microsoft solved this problem in PowerPoint 2007 by redesigning the user interface with a tabbed toolbar that makes features easy to locate and use. PowerPoint 2007 also boasts improved graphics, additional templates, the ability to save custom layouts, and improved collaboration through SharePoint. One thing Microsoft hasn’t improved is its poor documentation. To learn the ins and outs of all the features in PowerPoint 2007, Microsoft merely offers online help. If you’re familiar with previous versions of the program, you may be lost the first time you fire up the new PowerPoint; or you would be if it weren’t for PowerPoint 2007: The Missing Manual.
This new book, written specifically for this version of the software, not only offers the basics of how to create, save, set up, run, and print a basic bullets-and-background slideshow, but takes you into the world of multimedia, animation, and interactivity. You’ll learn how to add pictures, sound, video, animated effects, and controls (buttons and links) to their slides, along with ways to pull text, spreadsheets, and animations created in other programs. You can also create your own reusable design templates and learn to automate repetitive tasks with macros. Learn how to take advantage of advanced functions (such as adding custom background images) that existed in previous PowerPoint versions, but were so cleverly hidden that few people ever found them.