Methods of Cancer Diagnosis, Therapy and Prognosis
Springer | 2008-12-01 | ISBN: 140208899X | 248 pages | PDF | 3,2 MB
This third volume in the series Methods of Cancer Diagnosis, Therapy and Prognosis discusses diagnosis, therapy, and prognosis of Gastrointestinal Cancers. Both standard and emerging therapies for these cancers, written by expert oncologists/pathologists in this field, are included.
This fully illustrated volume
* Includes various aspects of esophageal cancer, gastric cancer, and pancreatic cancer
* Highlights the methodologies used for diagnosis, therapy, and prognosis of these different cancers
* Explains the molecular mechanisms underlying these cancers
* Discusses the evaluation of FDG-PET/CT fusion imaging, endoscopic ultrasound and imaging, and the role of microRNA in prognosis
* Details the classification of colon and gastric histological samples
* Highlights treatments, including radiofrequency ablation and surgical debulking, endoscopic submucosal dissection, laparoscopic gastrectomy of gastric cancer and pancreaticoduodenectomy
* Reviews use of radiotherapy and chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer patients
* Discusses a large number of imaging modalities for diagnosing these cancers and assessing the different treatments
Professor Hayat has summarized the problems associated with the complexities of research publications and has been successful in editing a must-read volume for oncologists, cancer researchers, medical teachers and students of cancer biology.
Enjoy this great book! Brought to you by SMIRK
Battlestrike Force of Resistance
8 years ago